What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.rightship.com (our site).
- Rules about linking to our site
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
- Our trade marks
- Data created or derived from data sourced from IHS Markit and other third parties
Who we are and how to contact us
www.rightship.com is a site operated by RightShip Pty Limited (registered in Australia (ABN 66 098 279 068 with registered office at Level 8, 550 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia) and RightShip UK Limited (registered in England and Wales (co. no. 06076003) with registered office at Floor 4, 6 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2SU).
To contact us, please use the following page.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
If you purchase products or services from us a separate contract (“Services Agreement”) may supplement or vary these terms in connection with any products, services or other information delivered via the site in connection with such Services Agreement.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to, suspend or withdraw our site
We may update and change our site from time to time.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
Our site is only for business users only
Our site is intended as a business-to-business resource. In particular, our site and any information make accessible via our site are not intended for consumers, persons acting in a private capacity, or children.
You must keep your account details safe
If you are provided with a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must
promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must only use content accessible via our site for internal business purposes and you may not use any part of the content accessible via our site for external and/or commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Any information provided or made accessible to you by us in fulfilment of a Services Agreement is confidential (“Confidential Information”), including without limitation information about our Ship Vetting Information System (“SVIS TM ”), Quality Index Vetting System (“Qi TM ”), RightShip Platform and all information that relates to recommendations we may provide about a particular ship.
You must not at any time or in any form, written or oral, divulge any Confidential Information to external third parties without our permission. You must also take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your officers, employees, agents, representatives, contractors and permitted assigns comply with these obligations in relation to the Confidential Information. You must promptly notify us if you believe or become aware that there has been an unauthorised publication, use or disclosure of the Confidential Information.
Nothing in these terms prohibits disclosure of Confidential Information which:
(a) after disclosure to you becomes part of the public domain otherwise than as a result of your wrongful act;
(b) is received from a third party provided that it was not acquired directly or indirectly by that third party from you;
(c) is required to be disclosed by law or any government or governmental body, authority or agency having authority over you including the rules of any stock exchange upon which your shares may be listed.
Acceptable Use Policy
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, malware, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of these terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our site;
• any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our site; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards set out in these terms apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in Australia and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply with the acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of these terms upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Do not rely on information on this site
Except in relation to information provided to you by us in connection with a Services Agreement (which is subject to the terms of the relevant Services Agreement):
- the content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us here.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products or services by us to you, which will be set out in the relevant Services Agreement.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, our site; or
•use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
• In particular, we will not be liable for:
•loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• business interruption;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
• any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
How we may use your personal information
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a licence to freely use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties as we see fit, in our sole discretion. Without limitation of the generality of the previous sentence, we may use all suggestions, feedback, improvements, report formats or similar that you provide to us or otherwise make with respect to us, our operations and activities, any services we provide to you, and the content of our site, without any obligation to you.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
We are not responsible for viruses or malware and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs, viruses or malware.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, malware, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us here.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks
“RightShip”, “QiTM” and “SVISTM” are our trade marks. You are not permitted to use them without our approval.
Data created or derived from data sourced from IHS Markit and other third parties
23.1 You undertake to (a) not use any and all data and information received or obtained via the Service other than solely for your internal use and to not distribute or make available such data and information to any third party; (b) allow us to conduct satisfactory audits and/or verifications from time to time to ensure that you have complied with paragraph (a) above; (c) preserve the exclusive intellectual property rights of IHS Markit and its applicable affiliate(s) in any and all of the data and information received or obtained via the Service; (d) give indemnity in favour of IHS Markit in connection with the right, title and interest of IHS Markit in and to the data and information received or obtained via the Service; (e) subject any use of the data or information to all legends and disclaimers applicable to the data and information received or obtained via the Service from time to time, including the IHS legends and disclaimers displayed on our RightShip service platform, website or such other relevant platform or any updates thereto notified to you by us or IHS Markit from time to time; and (f) purge and permanently delete from your systems any and all of the data and information received or obtained via the Service in which IHS Markit has a right, title or interest, upon termination of this Agreement or upon IHS Markit’s request (and to provide all reasonable cooperation to us and IHS Markit, upon request of either, in verifying that this has been completed).
23.2 You acknowledge that IHS Markit or any of its affiliate(s) or its third party providers shall not be liable to you for any and all liabilities or express or implied warranties with respect to any of the data and information received or obtained via the Service or any results to be attained from the use thereof.
23.3 You expressly acknowledge IHS Markit as a third-party beneficiary that is entitled to directly enforce the provisions in this clause against you as if IHS Markit were an original party to this Agreement.
23.4 Affiliate means any corporation, company or other business entity that directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by or under the common control with a party to this Agreement, and affiliates shall be construed accordingly. For this purpose, control means the direct or indirect ownership of in aggregate fifty per cent. (50%) or more of voting capital.
⇧ Go back to sections menu