RightShip: Our GHG Rating evolution - webinar recording
Three indices, one GHG Rating - how our GHG Rating highlights excellence and integrates EEXI regulatory requirements.
In this webinar hosted by our Environmental Manager Jon Lane and Product Manager Man Mohan, we’ll give a broad overview of what the changes on the horizon will mean for RightShip customers, as the International Maritime Organization (IMO) launches the design focused Energy Efficiency Existing Ship Index (EEXI) on 1 January 2023.
As the only practical tool that combines data and outputs from the Existing Vessel Design Index (EVDI), the Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI) and EEXI to generate a simple A – G rating of the theoretical CO₂ emissions of a peer group of vessels across similar size and type, we want you to continue to feel confident in how we’ll use your data to calculate ratings.
In this webinar we discussed:
- How the GHG Rating was previously calculated
- What adding the EEXI data to our GHG Rating could mean for A – G GHG Rating scores
- How EEXI data can be provided within our platform
- How the evolution continues to ensure a ‘level playing field’
- How investing in decarbonisation through efficient design and energy saving equipment can you gain higher ratings.
It will also give you an insight into the changes to our methodology, hopefully answering the questions you have on this important and complex issue.