Vetting Superintendent, APACMelbourne
The Vetting Superintendent is responsible for maintaining and managing the quality of an effective and efficient vessels’ screening system to service the needs of our Shareholders and our customers.
- Perform vetting activities of barges and other type of vessels as per agreed RightShip’s and/or individual customer’s criteria
- Conduct assessment of DOC Holders to determine their conformance with relevant standards and their suitability for use by RightShip customers
- Carry out PSC / INC reviews as required
- Provide support to RightShip customers on their marine activities as requested
- Conduct review and assessment of Port State Control Inspection reports, Incident investigation reports and Customer Feedback reports
- Contribute to update RightShip Vetting platform using pro-active reporting from shipowners, RightShip customers and other identified sources
- Provide feedback / advice to the regional manager to identify the changes in rules / regulations in maritime to ensure readiness / compliance and development of RightShip standards and practices
- Provide support to respond to queries about RightShip activities (i.e. vetting, risk rating, GHG rating, Inspections, etc)
- Ensure that all correspondence with external parties and provided documentation is properly maintained and archived as per company procedures
Desired Skills and Experience
- Mandatory – Certificate of competency as Master Mariner or Chief Engineer and have sailed in a senior capacity (Master / Chief Engineer / Chief Mate) on International Trading – Oil / Gas / Chemical Tankers, Bulk Carriers (optional)
- Preferred - Shore based experience in a Management / Supervisory capacity directly involved with the day to day technical and/or cargo operations of crude oil / petroleum product / LPG / LNG tankers. This could include service as Port (Terminal) Superintendent responsible for loading and discharging of ships
- Practical knowledge of ship construction, ship structures, ship repairing, ship machinery, ship operations and Chartering
- A thorough understanding of current Mandatory requirements, International Legislation relevant to shipping, Industry Standards and recommended best practices (such as put out by OCIMF, IACS, USCG & ICS, etc.)
- Experience in Health, Safety, Environment, & Quality Systems, Vessel and Office Audits including TMSA
- A thorough understanding of ship inspections, surveys and certification including SIRE, CDI, PSC, USCG, Flag State inspections and Classification surveys
- Experience in Accident / Incident investigation and analysis
- A personal commitment to improved safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills with preference for collaboration, action, accountability and developing solutions and alternatives
- Attention to detail with excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- The ability to work independently but also as part of a high performing team
- A strong customer focus
- The authority to live and work in the country of the nominated RightShip office
- Willingness to travel
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
Values and benefits
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome. We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
Apply today to start your career at RightShipApply now