Vetting Superintendent, AmericasHouston
RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome. We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
- Certificate of competency as Master Mariner or Chief Engineer and have sailed in a senior capacity (Master / Chief Engineer / Chief Mate) on International Trading – Oil / Gas / Chemical Tankers
- Shore based experience in a Management / Supervisory capacity directly involved with the day to day technical and/or cargo operations of crude oil / petroleum product / LPG / LNG tankers. This could include service as Port (Terminal) Superintendent responsible for loading and discharging of ships
- Practical knowledge of ship construction, ship structures, ship repairing, ship machinery, ship operations and Chartering
- A thorough understanding of current Mandatory requirements, International Legislation relevant to shipping, Industry Standards and recommended best practices (such as put out by OCIMF, IACS, USCG & ICS, etc.)
- Experience in Health, Safety, Environment, & Quality Systems, Vessel and Office Audits including TMSA
- A thorough understanding of ship inspections, surveys and certification including SIRE, CDI, PSC, USCG, Flag State inspections and Classification surveys
- Experience in Accident / Incident investigation and analysis
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in the USA to apply for this job.