RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services. Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com
Values and benefits
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
An opportunity now exists for a Systems Engineer to join our Melbourne team. Working with the IT Manager, IT service providers and the broader business, the Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring a stable and secure cloud based IT environment is provided to our staff across the globe.
- Assist with planning documentation, migration, change management and post implementation support of any IT related projects
- Provide advice to the business on the capabilities of the tools associated with Office 365 subscription
- Coordinate and manage the activities of both local and overseas IT Service Providers
- Assist the business in the adoption of Digital practices
- Work with the business on Cloud provider Technology reviews
- Ensure all systems are appropriately backed up and regularly tested
- Run regular security reviews on Desktops and Network
- Work on any security related events and assist in their remediation
- Ensure identified software vulnerabilities are resolved in a timely manner
- Follow best practices within the ISO27001 certification
- Develop a continuous improvement approach to both the technology and security environment across all processes and products in use
- Assist with the monthly reporting process
What does Success Look Like?
You will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related disciplines
- Demonstrable experience with: Windows Operating Systems; Microsoft 0365; Intune; Active Directory; Defender End Point protection; WAN/LAN technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and manage priorities effectively, while maintaining a high degree of customer orientation
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Proactive responsive, flexible and solution-focused
- Excellent attention to detail
- Productive when working autonomously and unsupervised
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined to achieve goals and keep abreast of new technologies and methodologies
- Understand and promote team culture, respecting needs and contributions of others
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies
- Exposure to the following will be beneficial, although not mandatory: 0365 Security; Single Sign On (SSO); Cloud based technologies; MS Security Centre; Disaster Recovery; Azure; Azure AD; Azure Sentinel
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.