RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Collecting and managing sustainability data and preparing sustainability reporting
- Providing support and advice on the application of environmental legislation, policy and procedures to support project delivery
- Promoting RightShip’s environmental ratings to industry, customers and relevant organisations
- Tracking progress of key targets and metrics outlined in the Sustainability Strategy and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Undertaking research and educating customers to constantly improve sustainability outcomes
- Ensuring RightShip’s environmental ratings are in-line with relevant industry guidelines
- Coordinating relevant updates and modifications to environmental ratings as required
- Maintaining and upgrading database to ensure accuracy of data
- Contributing to annual submissions for sustainability surveys and reporting benchmarks
- Engaging with industry associations and peers on environmental matters
- Providing advice on the application of environmental legislation, policy and procedures to support project delivery
- Delivery of specific sustainability projects to agreed standards, on time and on budget.
What Does Success Look Like?
We are looking for someone who is organised, has a strong eye for detail and is customer focused. You will have:
- Degree qualifications in sustainability, environmental management or related discipline
- A proven track record in sustainability & ESG reporting and data management
- A working knowledge of environmental legislation and regulatory frameworks
- Previous experience in the maritime sector will be highly regarded, although not mandatory
Applications for this position close on 2nd April 2021.
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.