Senior UI / UX DesignerSINGAPORE
RightShip’s mission is to improve the safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry.
We serve our customers through a combination of our bespoke IT tools and analytics as well as our considerable experience in providing vetting and due diligence services to the maritime supply chain since 2001.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services. Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
RightShip has offices to cover all the time zones in Melbourne, London, Houston and Singapore, where we recently added a senior customer engagement team and product/innovation hub to better serve our customers and stakeholders.
Values and benefits
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
The Senior UI/UX Designer will help translate ideas and research findings into tangible product features, including taking projects from initial scoping requirements through actual design, development and testing. They will work with a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined team in a fast-paced, dynamic, agile environment and collaborate closely with other designers, engineers and clients from various parts of the world to take products from concept to delivery, whilst ensuring that our products are constantly effective, competitive and delivering high-level customer experiences.
Key responsibilities include:
- To research and provide data insights to help shape or inform design decisions.
- Creating clean, effective user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements and customer usability
- Translating business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements
- Turning around rigorous wireframes and visual mockups, as well as building interactive prototypes to test ideas and communicate them internally and externally
- Designing the UI architecture, interface and interaction flow of new web and mobile applications
- Planning and participating in ongoing usability testing and assessment
- Developing and maintaining detailed user-interface specification
- Ensuring all versions of project UX/UI documents are complete, current, and stored/ archived appropriately
- Managing all UI/UX designs components to ensure designs are delivered within project timelines
- Collaborating with development teams to create and implement a cohesive visual language across design projects
- Working with design systems and libraries
- Developing and maintaining strong professional and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Communicating design rationale to stakeholders to achieve alignment and shared understanding
- Working closely with delivery teams to ensure UX is a core part of our delivery
- Working closely with management in key strategic planning to support the company’s growth while collaborating with other functions to identify areas of possible growth and monetization opportunities
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in UX and UI Design
- An excellent understanding of user experience design for the Web and mobile devices
- A keen eye and capacity for creating highly usable designs and layouts and a propensity towards simplification
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, or other design tools
- An ability to prototype and demonstrate design concepts to extended stakeholders
- Open-mindedness and constantly looks to push the boundaries of the design
- Previous experience in a technology-based company or in growing businesses in emerging markets
- Proficiency with web standards and accessibility compliance
- Candidates that possess a good balance of UX and UI design skills that can cover both roles, with good oversight of product will be highly regarded
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Singapore to apply for this job.