Senior Software EngineerMalta
As leading maritime safety and environmental experts, RightShip has an ambitious vision to expand its influence in safety, sustainability and crew welfare using the best new innovation, digitalization, data and customer focused solutions.
RightShip is looking for an exception Senior Software Engineer to join our team. He/she will help the organization continue to build world class data driven products to solve some of the most challenging problems in the maritime industry by maintaining and improving quality across critical data sets.
This role requires an individual who is passionate about web applications and cloud computing. It is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an environment where you can make the differences in day-to-day tasks and where your initiative will be appreciated.
- Write clean and efficient code both on the server side and client side.
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Take responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives
- Coach, mentor, and further develop your peers through continuous feedback.
- Collaborating with co-workers to facilitate the creation of large, complex developments, as required.
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Checking your code to detect and remedy errors and omissions.
- Monitor everyday activities of system and provide require support.
- Testing your outputs to ensure that they are in excellent working order.
- Remaining abreast of coding and technological changes that will impact your work.
- Research and keep up to date with latest best practices
- Work closely with QA / Tech Design / Data Engineers and Architects to deliver solutions that can scale
Desired Skills and Experience
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent disciplines.
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer for 5+ years.
- Experience applying and inspiring engineering discipline within the team to avoid over-engineering without impacting product quality.
- Advanced proficiency in C#, SQL and Typescript.
- Experience using frameworks such as Angular / Aurelia / React.
- Experience in the Azure Stack.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Preferably experience using No-SQL Databases
- Experienced with concurrency and asynchronous programming
- In-depth knowledge with Micro Services Architecture.
- Adept at working with cross functional groups across multiple geographies.
- Ability to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Passion for technology and knowledge.
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Malta to apply for this job.
Apply today to start your career at RightShipApply now