RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices. We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices. We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
The QA Engineer will be part of a team responsible for RightShip’s internal quality control. Working independently from the external quality assurance team, the QA Engineer will take a proactive role in testing existing and new software solution through manual testing, assess the need for automated testing and build automated tests as required. Additionally, they will take ownership of building any necessary software and quality assurance related documentation and be involved in UAT.
- Working with the product team to understand requirements to define and design internal test plans and UAC for the external QA team
- Working independently from the external quality assurance team while at the same time keeping close communication to ensure optimal support
- Learning the software and working closely with different departments to understand processes and ways of enhancing such processes together with the product team while ensuring optimal software quality
- Suggesting solutions to identified problems
- Executing internal test plans to ensure projects are tested thoroughly
- Creating automation test scripts (if deemed necessary) for test cases and proactively testing applications
- Reporting and tracking defects to the external Quality Assurance team
- Conducting functional testing, systems integration testing, regression testing, load testing, performance testing, security testing, UAT, and end-to-end testing of the software
- Preparing reports and metrics for management
- Contributing to continuous improvement and proactively supporting knowledge sharing across the product delivery team
- Developing and maintaining strong professional and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Working closely with delivery teams to ensure QA is a core part of our delivery
- Providing technical support across the company by attending to queries from clients and employees
What does Success Look Like?
You will have:
- Tertiary qualified in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable experience as a QA Engineer/Tester
- Demonstrable experience in testing web applications
- Experience performing testing on web applications and Backend API to ensure that product meets requirements
- Understanding of software quality assurance, including best practices, processes and all kinds of testing
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of testing frameworks (e.g. Cucumber)
- Knowledge of BDD concepts
- Knowledge of automation testing tools (e.g. Selenium)
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Singapore to apply for this role.