RightShip’s mission is to improve the safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry.
We serve our customers through a combination of our bespoke IT tools and analytics as well as our considerable experience in providing vetting and due diligence services to the maritime supply chain since 2001.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services. Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
RightShip has offices to cover all the time zones in Melbourne, London, Houston and Singapore, where we recently added a senior customer engagement team and product/innovation hub to better serve our customers and stakeholders.
Values and benefits
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
The Product Manager will focus on identifying customer, business partner and internal
stakeholder problems and are at the intersection of business, design, and engineering.
The Product Manager must be technical enough to understand how our underlying
products are built and have a keen eye for detail. They can go extremely deep into the
details of the product and its technical implementation while also being able to take a step
back and strategize & present the broader vision.
The Product Manager is a master communicator that works to bring teams together to
drive towards a singular goal of making a product successful.
- Evolve and deliver the product strategy and roadmap
- Work with the CPO to develop a prioritization process, and ensure compliance across your team
- Work with the CPO and team to define the discovery and experimentation process, create discovery sessions and support experiments to validate or invalidate the hypothesis
- Source and synthesize analytics-driven insights into commercial-ready content
- Develop digital product and rapid prototyping to test customer demand and gather feedback
- Develop products / services e.g. digital reports, digital guidelines, online training courses
- Offer a greater range of new and better customer solutions that combine analytical insights and industry experience
- Develop and maintain partnerships with industry players to collaborate on product development
- Product Maintenance, responding to market input
- Have a keen eye on deadlines and budget constraints and work with the team to meet them
- Develop product/ feature launch plans
- Inform the pricing committee on cost-base for each product / service and serve to approve pricing variation requests from the business development team
- Develop and maintain strong professional and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Drive product improvements and developments in conjunction with our customers, internal stakeholders and the Customer Engagement team
- Partner with customer facing roles to engage with customers on delivery
- Develop advisory services as offerings to 3rd party clients
- Embed RightShip’s values into everything we do.
- Lead, coach and develop the Product Development team in defining innovative
- Ensure a safe and inclusive workplace, which engages its employees.
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Product Development team to ensure department goals are met
- Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Software Product Management experience
- Good understanding of the various technology stacks used for frontend as well as
- Demonstrated track record of understanding and driving business requirements while
working with various stakeholders
- Analytical thinking with ability to ask the right questions to understand user problems
and develop solutions
- Willingness to take end to end ownership and being accountable for the success of
- Hands-on technical experience in building software products as a Software
- Analytical Motivating & inspiring
- Attention to detail Project management
- Collaborates Quality assurance
- Communication & listening Solving problems & making decisions
- Continuous improvement Stakeholder engagement
- Customer focussed Supportive
- Driving performance Strategic thinking
- Embracing technology Taking initiative
- Emotional Intelligence Teamwork
- Flexible Trusted advisor
- Working Relationships
- Title Purpose of contact
- CPO Line Manager
- RightShip Senior Management Team Managers
- RightShip Employees Colleagues/ Direct reports
- Suppliers & partners Working relationship
- Customers Contact
- Industry stakeholders Contact