Key Account Manager, APACSingapore
RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you are working with us.
As a globally recognised maritime safety and environmental expert, RightShip has an exciting vision to influence expand its market share and influence safety, environmental and social outcomes through a comprehensive range of new product offerings and solutions.
Working closely with the Head of APAC, the Key Account Manager is accountable for helping to define and implement sales strategies and providing superior service delivery to drive revenue from our key customers . Besides maintaining business with existing customers, the Key Account Manager is also responsible for identifying and securing new business opportunities.
The Key Account Manager will constantly engage and provide high touch service to key customers to build strong relationships. The individual is also responsible for raising RightShip’s profile as a provider of choice, lifting sales performance and contributing to the wider business success.
- Partner with the Head of APAC to identify new market opportunities and set short and medium term objectives to drive sale of products and services
- Develop and implement business development plans to identify emerging and priority growth areas
- Actively participate in strategic account planning process, financial targets, performance objectives, account management standards and critical milestones
- Understand and manage contractual terms and conditions of sale
- Identify current and future requirements and propose feasible solutions to grow organization revenue
- Constantly manage and maintain existing customer accounts while signing up new customers to expand market share
- Be the contact point for new customers seeking information on RightShip products and services
- Conduct market research and environment scanning to identify new growth areas
- Drive business growth in customer numbers, revenue, return of investment, productivity and efficiency targets
- Clarify and validate customer needs, identify improvement areas and maintain high customer satisfaction ratings by ensuring seamless service across different contact points such as sales, client management, issue escalation and resolution
- Constantly engage with customers, gather their feedback and reinforce RightShip’s value proposition to ensure we always remain in customers’ radar
- Use appropriate systems and tools to deliver all required reports and documentation to support decision making
- Communicate RightShip’s business strategy to customers and key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key clients
- Collaborate with the Business Development Managers and other Key Account Managers globally
- Ensure customer issues are dealt with efficiently by providing prompt support
- Monitor changes to key personnel in customer organisations and take appropriate actions including advising relevant managers
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other relevant disciplines
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in generating new business and growing revenue growth in the shipping domain covering Charterers, Ship owners, Ship managers and/or Ports & Terminals customers.
- Prior experience in the Maritime Industry and/or software sales highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in forging new business relationships and credibility quickly and effectively
- Strong negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in Asian languages would be advantageous.
- Proactive, customer-oriented and highly driven
- Committed to improving safety and environmental sustainability in the maritime industry
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Singapore to apply for this job.