Global Decarbonisation ManagerSingapore
RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services. Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com
Values and benefits
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
The Global Decarbonisation Manager reports to the Head of Sustainability & Environment and is responsible for developing and implementing initiatives to achieve RightShip's vision to zero harm for the maritime industry.
- Develop and manage RightShip’s decarbonisation program, including embedding into relevant business processes
- Working globally to embed environmental initiatives to lead and influence the industry in the decarbonisation process aligned to the IMO’s decarbonisation goals
- Interpret client and/or stakeholder requirements, including the provision of technical advice relating to decarbonisation of the maritime industry
- Ongoing product development and enhancement, including alignment with relevant industry standards
- Develop product-related content (market analysis, white papers, data analysis, documentation) relevant to global markets and segments
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND INTEGRATION
- Supports relevant teams in the development of emissions reduction and energy improvement programs, leveraging RightShip’s products, where appropriate
- Support the growth strategy for the environmental practice by building relationships with customers and leading new business positioning efforts
- Promote RightShip’s environmental offerings to industry, customers and relevant organisations
- Analyse and target relevant customer sectors including charterers, shipowners, ports and terminals
- Promote RightShip’s environmental program at targeted industry events
- Forge partnerships with customers and strategic partners (industry regulators, industry bodies, government agencies, think tanks, tertiary institutions, NGOs, etc) to advance the environmental and sustainability agenda
- Work closely with RightShip’s customer engagement, commercial, product and operations teams
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in an appropriate discipline e.g., Environmental Science / Maritime Engineering, Sustainability, Carbon and Energy Management, etc.
- 10-15 years industry experience, preferably in a similar role
- Thorough knowledge of current environmental issues including carbon markets
- Knowledge of relevant environmental regulations, in particular related to the maritime environment
- Extensive experience in data management and report writing
- Strong knowledge of environmental reporting frameworks and carbon accounting processes
- Excellent proficiency in the use of MS Suite
- Excellent analytical and data management skills including use of Excel and Power BI
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Singapore to apply for this job.