RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services. Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com
Values and benefits
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
As leading maritime safety and environmental experts, RightShip has an ambitious vision to expand its influence in safety, sustainability and crew welfare using the best new innovation, digitalization and data-focused solutions.
The ESG Analyst reports to the ESG Manager and is responsible for developing and implementing initiatives to achieve RightShip's vision to improve the environmental sustainability and ESG position of the maritime industry.
The Environment Manager reports to the Head of Sustainability & Environment and is responsible for developing and implementing initiatives to achieve RightShip's vision to improve the environmental sustainability of the maritime industry.
- Implement RightShip’s environment and sustainability program into relevant business processes, including technical work and change management to support initiatives
- Working across EMEA to embed sustainability and environment initiatives
- Support the growth strategy for the sustainability practice by building relationships with customers and leading new business positioning efforts
- Promote RightShip’s sustainability offerings to industry, customers and relevant organisations
- Analyse and target relevant customer sectors including charterers, shipowners, ports and terminals
- Interpret client requirements, including the provision of technical advice
- Ongoing product development, including alignment with relevant industry standards
- Develop product-related content (white papers, data analysis, documentation) relevant to regional markets and segments
- Promote RightShip’s environmental and sustainability program at targeted industry events
- Forge partnerships with customers and strategic partners (industry regulators, industry bodies, government agencies, think tanks, tertiary institutions, NGOs, etc) to advance the environmental and sustainability agenda
- Work closely with RightShip’s customer engagement and operations teams
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in an appropriate discipline e.g. Environmental Science / Maritime Engineering
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Thorough knowledge of current environmental issues
- Knowledge of relevant environmental regulations, in particular related to the maritime environment
- Extensive experience in data management and report writing
- Strong knowledge of environmental reporting frameworks and carbon accounting processes
- Excellent proficiency in the use of MS Suite
- Excellent analytical and data management skills including use of Excel and Power BI
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in the UK to apply for this job.