Data Engineering LeadSingapore
RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices. We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices. We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We are looking for an exceptional Data Engineering Lead to join our team and help the organisation continue to build world class data driven products to solve some of the most challenging problems in the maritime industry by maintaining and improving quality across critical data sets. Leading a team of Data Engineers, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of the data pipelines that underpin our data platforms to ensure our data can be used to inform key decisions and deliver value to RightShip and its customers.
- Providing subject matter expertise in data management and governance
- Directing and overseeing the design and development of systems used for managing data such as data warehouses, data stores and other business intelligence systems
- Ensuring that data produced and provided is complete, accurate, valid and relevant using system validation and exception / control reports and is consistent with regulation and internal policies
- Working with Azure cloud computing services, such as SQL Databases, Data Functions and Cosmos DB
- Acquiring, ingesting and processing data from multiple sources and systems into our data platforms
- Working across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, extracting information, and identifying linkages across disparate data sets
- Building strong relationships with the business in order to achieve a holistic approach to data management
- Leading technical discussions and onboarding of appropriate data partners/vendors and ongoing maintenance of all aspects of the relationship
- Developing the technical specifications and overseeing the implementation of integrations (by the engineering team) between the data providers and RightShip's core data platform
- Providing required inputs to the Business Intelligence and Data Science team while developing new products and reports
- Owning the business-as-usual operations of the data warehouse to ensure smooth running of all ETL jobs and other integrations
- Providing thought leadership on data and technology
- Leading and managing the Data Management function in delivering data management capabilities across the business
- Embedding RightShip’s values into everything we do building trust and a positive culture
- Driving a customer orientation and service minded approach
- Ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace, which engages its employees
- Leading and directing staff to ensure achievement of quality and performance targets
- Hands on day-to-day knowledge of what’s going on in all the teams, looking for opportunities to help them improve by anticipating their needs or working to remove the obstacles that might slow delivery of initiatives.
What Does Success Look Like?
You will have:
- A Masters or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent disciplines
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer
- Experience in master data, reference data and metadata management solutions
- Experience with Maritime datasets highly preferable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Data Stack e.g. Azure Data Factory and Data Lake
- Advanced skills in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proficient in data extraction, manipulation, and presentation
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Singapore to apply for this job.