Data Engineers/DWH DevelopersMelbourne
RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome. We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us. We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
As leading maritime safety and environmental experts, RightShip has an ambitious vision to expand its influence in safety, sustainability and crew welfare using the best new innovation, digitalization and data-focused solutions.
You will help the organisation continue to build world class data driven products to solve some of the most challenging problems in the maritime industry by maintaining and improving quality across critical data sets.
As part of a team of Data Engineers/DWH Developers, you will be responsible for planning data management & architecture projects, maintaining and improving the data within production systems and establishing strong data governance. You will play a significant role in supporting RightShip to leverage data as an asset to ensure data can be used to inform key decisions and deliver value to RightShip and its Customers.
- Provide subject matter expertise in data management and governance
- Direct and oversee the design and development of systems used for managing data such as data warehouses, data stores and other business intelligence systems
- Ensure that data produced and provided is complete, accurate, valid and relevant using system validation and exception / control reports and is consistent with regulation and internal policies
- Provide expertise in data modelling, data architecture, data quality management, profiling, cataloguing and data lineage concepts and implementation
- Work with Azure cloud computing services, such as SQL Databases, Data Functions, Data Factory and DataBricks
- Acquire, ingest, and process data from multiple sources and systems into our data platforms
- Design and participate in the implementation of automated data quality validation solutions and API testing.
- Work across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, extracting information, and identifying linkages across disparate data sets
- Facilitate technical discussions and onboarding of appropriate data partners/vendors and ongoing maintenance of all aspects of the relationship
- Provide required inputs to the Business Intelligence and Data Science team while developing new products and reports
- Owning the business-as-usual operations of the data warehouse to ensure smooth running of all ETL jobs and other integrations
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Masters or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent disciplines
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer/DWH Developer
- Experienced in data warehousing and star schemas. Familiar with BI Reporting
- Experienced in master data, reference data and metadata management solutions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Data Stack e.g. Azure Data Factory and Data Lake
- Experience with Azure Logic App, Azure API Management and Azure Databricks
- Advanced skills in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in consuming and aggregating data from multiple sources, including APIs
- Proficient in data extraction, manipulation, and presentation
- Experience with Maritime datasets highly preferable
- Adept at working with cross functional groups across multiple geographies
- Ability to deliver results with minimum supervision while working in a dynamic, collaborative environment
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.