Business Development Manager, JapanJapan
RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or other relevant disciplines
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in generating new business and achieving revenue growth, especially within the Chartering, Ports and Terminals domains
- Prior exposure in maritime Industry and/or software sales highly advantageous
- Ability to forge new relationships and credibility quickly and effectively
- Experience in creating brand awareness and identifying branding activities
- Strong business acumen with a penchant for data and insights to support innovation
- Ability to conduct negotiations, influence and interact across all levels in the organisation
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, interpersonal and team skills. Proficiency in spoken and written English and Japanese
- A personal commitment to improve safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Japan to apply for this job.