Business AnalystSingapore or Melbourne
RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome. We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us. We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
The Business Analyst is expected to be technically competent, an affective communicator, highly organised, comfortable liaising with clients and keen to help others. They will be hands on in monitoring and attending to Product Support Items, including BAU backlog development items.
They are expected to gather detailed product feature improvement requirements, working with internal and external customers and the product Team, and assist the delivery process. The Business Analyst should have a natural analytical way of thinking, ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical people and accepting of change in a rapid growth business.
- Monitor & attend to Product Support items
- Manage Intercom customer support
- Support the team and engage internal stakeholders to ensure services are delivered in line with SLA requirements
- Assist the Product Support Manager to manage the BAU board
- Be a conduit between customers’ and the development team, to resolve support items & when building product enhancements
- Keep customers informed and updated about the Product
- Write & publish product support documentation, including help articles and guides
- Support new product features and existing feature improvements
- Collaborate with the development team and subject matter experts to ensure business and systems requirements are understood and effectively transitioned into robust technical prototypes
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Conduct and co-ordinate Product UAT testing
- Prepare reporting and provide support relating to the Service Level Agreements
- Collaborate with stakeholders and work with the team to deliver initiatives using Agile principles
- Propose solutions to problems and consider timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, including Sprint Planning and Discovery meetings
- Effectively manage and prioritise own workload, providing regular status updates as required.
- Demonstrate and educate new customers on how to use RightShip products in an effective manner as needed
- Additional ad hoc administrative duties required in order to meet the needs of the business (audits, reviews, other)
- Develop and maintain strong professional and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Drive product improvements and developments in conjunction with our customers, internal stakeholders, and the Customer Engagement team
- Partner with customer facing roles to engage with customers on delivery
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Software Engineering, or another related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound knowledge of common software implementation methodologies
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and manage priorities effectively, while maintaining a high degree of customer orientation
- Analytical thinking with ability to ask the right questions to understand user problems and develop solutions
- Ability to plan and schedule development backlog into sprints in an Agile environment
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Analytical and process-based skills, i.e. process flow diagrams, business & process modelling, data analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience of using JIRA
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Singapore to apply for this job.