RightShip’s mission is to improve the safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry.
We serve our customers through a combination of our bespoke IT tools and analytics as well as our considerable experience in providing vetting and due diligence services to the maritime supply chain since 2001.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services. Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
RightShip has offices to cover all the time zones in Melbourne, London, Houston and Singapore, where we recently added a senior customer engagement team and product/innovation hub to better serve our customers and stakeholders.
Values and benefits
What We Offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
The BI Developer will help the organisation continue to build world class data driven products to solve some of the most challenging problems in the maritime industry by maintaining and improving quality across critical data sets.
This role will be responsible for providing analytical insights into our data to support RightShip’s strategy and mission. The BI Developer is a proven self-starter who is able to communicate complex data analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner and deliver quality and best-practice reporting solutions for internal and external stakeholders.
- Be the expert in the features, benefits and application of Power BI's products
- Deliver quality and best-practice reporting solutions for internal and external stakeholders using MS Power BI
- Identify opportunities to improve internal processes by providing valuable insights Work with stakeholders to define and plan their data and reporting requirements, and to assist in creating organisation wide reporting and decision making processes
- Maintain and improve existing visualisations
- Build data models based on business requirements
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting and data extract requests using pre-existing data models
- Assist with data validation across various data bases to ensure correct information is being distributed
- Provide training and support to the business with self-service reporting
- Partner with key stakeholders across the business to understand data and reporting needs and to define requirements
- Collaborate with different teams within the business, to provide timely and successful issue resolution
What does Success Look Like?
You will have:
- Demonstrable experience working with PowerBI
- Hands on experience in writing complex DAX queries/calculations
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL and experience with manipulating, processing and extracting values from various datasets
- Strong Data Modelling skills, good understanding of common data modelling concepts (Inmon, Kimball)
- Extensive knowledge of report design & data visualisation best practices
- Experience of the SDLC using environments and source code control.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to multi-task and prioritise, deal with multiple conflicting deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong focus on accuracy.
- Strong communication skills as you will be interacting with end users regularly, with the ability to communicate complex data analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- The ability to work to tight delivery timescales and to take on new information working with a remote team
- As report migration from Tableau to Power BI will be the main focus for the first few months, experience with Tableau will be a benefit
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Singapore to apply for this role.