Agile Project ManagerMelbourne
RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices.
We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices.
We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
An opportunity now exists for an experienced Agile Project Manager seeking a challenging, fast paced role in our transformation program.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Determine resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage agile project schedule’s centred around enabling Product Managers to deliver product vision
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Remain focussed on the big picture whilst supporting technical teams where required.
- Benefits tracking, definition and measurement based on metrics / success factors across different streams
- In collaboration with SME’s generate Change Management Plans for projects, facilitating the overall change management key activities both internal and external
- Assist Product Manager’s with the identification of business requirements & change impacts at a project level for the program to identify change activities required to support the relevant business areas through the change
- Assist with the assessment of organisational readiness for the changes being implemented by the project, contributing to the program business readiness checklist
- Proactively support the identification, escalation and management of risks and issues with the potential to impact on the delivery of projects and change management activities
- Develop transition plans and execute transition tasks to progress from current to future state
- Ensure internal & external stakeholder expectations (technical and non-technical) are managed throughout delivery
- Working closely with organisational leaders and cross-functional squads, offer guidance and coaching on agile practices to achieve digital business success.
- Compile and distribute regular project status reports that highlight the key project areas, such as financial updates, timeline forecasts, resourcing, risks, issues, and changes in scope
- Provide expert advice and information on emerging project issues and present recommendations to support project delivery in line with established plans, budgets, timeframes, policy objectives and other project priorities
- Work collaboratively with internal and third parties/ vendors to deliver transformational change, ensuring business and customer requirements are satisfied as per the product/project vision and roadmap
- Liaise with the business to increase awareness of program initiatives
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
What Does Success Look Like?
We are looking for someone who is organised and has a strong eye for detail. As a trusted advisor, being responsive, approachable and service oriented will help you succeed in this role.
You will have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business management, or a related field
- Proven experience as agile project manager and related experience
- Excellent knowledge of Agile approaches: SCRUM, XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc. Certifications are preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2® certification preferred
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and agile best practices
- A solid understanding of how to apply project management in an agile setting, enabling agile teams to deliver outcomes with the right level of support and governance
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful – a team player
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Flexibility to undertake a range of complex tasks and work hours necessary to meet business objectives
- The authority to live and work in the country of the nominated RightShip office
- A personal commitment to improved safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.