RightShip is the world’s biggest third party maritime due diligence organisation, providing expertise in global safety, sustainability and social responsibility best practices. We bring together years of industry expertise with the output from analytics and large data sets to provide our safety and environmental scoring systems, recommendations and consultancy services.
Using leading data and technology, we aim to set new benchmarks in environmental protection. We support global initiatives and action influencing practical and impactful change, enabling “win-win” for business and the environment.
To find out more visit RightShip.com.
Values and benefits
What we offer
We offer a place where you know you are contributing to an organisation who are constantly working to ensure ships are safe as possible so that crew and cargo are protected. We are passionate about maritime efficiency, safety and sustainability practices. We offer generous rewards. Our base salary is competitive, we support employee wellbeing and provide our employees with a Healthy Living Allowance and our annual incentive scheme is awesome.
We are committed to professional development to make sure that your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
We have some great talent who are happy to share their experience and skills to help you on your way and we are committed to professional development to make sure your career keeps growing while you’re working with us.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Agile Coach will help the organisation continue to build world class data driven products to solve some of the most challenging problems in the maritime industry by maintaining and improving efficiency of delivery across the Product Team. The Agile Coach’s ultimate goal is to arm agile teams with the right knowledge, tools and training so they are able to use agile to its full potential.
This role will be responsible for coaching multiple cross-functional squads, growing understanding and developing agile ways of working, behaviours and mindset to create high performance teams. The Agile Coach is self-motivated, highly organised and passionate about delivering on time. Working closely with organisational leaders and cross-functional squads, the Agile Coach looks to continuously improve their knowledge and application of lean and agile practices towards digital business success.
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning/scoping/discovery, sprint review, show cases and retrospectives
- Coordinate agile cadence across all development activities between onshore and offshore teams
- Ensure that the team are well trained in Scrum and Agile practices
- Shape positive and productive team behaviour in line with team values and agile methods
- Continually monitor the development process, listen to and understand suggestions, and implement changes to the process where improvements can be made
- Remove impediments that the team encounter and protect the team from external interference
- Ensure that there is a productive communication flow within the team and prevent potential problems occurring
- Encourage self-organisation within the team and empower members to make decisions, estimate work effort and improve their collaboration
- Have a clear view of team members’ roles and contributions in Sprints
- Provide regular, constructive feedback to team members and to their managers
- Maintain an up-to-date current Sprint board and Sprint burndown chart
- Support the Product Lead / team with various activities including communicating updates and impediments, stakeholder management and assisting with backlog and release plan maintenance
- Measure and track Scrum metrics to make sure Sprints are on track and 100% completed
- Help the team define and expand the definition of ‘done’
- Report to the business the Sprint work completed, business value/impact and achievements
- Help write user stories and ensure they are at manageable sizes
- Capex reporting for Finance
- Remain up to date on the best Agile Scrum practices
- Embed RightShip’s values into everything we do building trust and a positive culture
- Drive a customer orientation and service minded approach
- Ensure a safe and inclusive workplace, which engages its employees
- Lead and direct staff to ensure achievement of quality and performance targets
- Hands on day-to-day knowledge of what’s going on in all the teams, looking for opportunities to help them improve by anticipating their needs or working to remove the obstacles that might slow delivery of initiatives
- Ask the right questions and facilitate genuine conversation that encourages participation
- Keep a pulse on the team, understanding the emotional state of each member
- Be patient and non-judgemental when gathering ideas and facilitating discussion
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
To be successful you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent disciplines
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or other Agile Certifications
- Proven experience as Agile Coach, Scrum Master or Agile Project Manager
- Excellent knowledge of Agile approaches: SCRUM, XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience managing onshore/offshore teams of QA's, Business Analyst's, Developers
- Advanced knowledge of JIRA/Confluence/Monday.com and Microsoft PowerPoint, Word & Excel
- Experience in Maritime technology domain highly preferable
RightShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion in our workplace. You must have the right to live and work in Singapore to apply for this role.